Change Your Desktop Picture
You can change the picture that’s displayed on your Mac’s desktop. Your Mac comes with dozens of desktop pictures to choose from, but you can also use your own pictures, or choose a solid color.
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Desktop & Screen Saver, and then click Desktop.
Open the Desktop pane of Desktop & Screen Saver preferences
- To select the kind of desktop picture you want to use, do one of the following:
- To use an image that comes with your Mac: Select a folder (such as Nature or Abstract) under “Apple.”
- To use a solid color: Select Solid Colors under “Apple.”
- To use your own picture: Select the Pictures folder under “Folders,” if the image you want is stored in your Pictures folder. If your image is in another folder, click the Add button (+), then navigate to and select the folder.
- Select the picture you want in the box on the right.